Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iac?

I have a 94 yj with a 4cyl. Is there another name for the iac? Or am I confusing the thing near the tps for the iac?

Looking through my Haynes I don't see IAC at all. What's it stand for? Not sure about the 4cyl, but some different years of the 4.0 had the MAP sensor mounted on the throttle body itself betwwen the TB and the valve cover. The only other things I see that may be it are the Idle Speed Actuator or Idle Stepper Motor. Any Pics? Or even a reference in a manual or magazine one of us may have? Hope it helps.
    God forgives, rocks don't
    -sons of thunder

Comment

IAC stands for idle air control valve. But I'll try the step motor and speed actuator and see what I get. But I know for a fact it's not the map, mines on the firewall

Comment

iac was my problem in my grand. makes the car idle rough, dies all of a sudden, and its kinda a bitch to diagnose. mine acted like a short the amp guage hit rock bottom and the car just flat died. i had to rev the hell out of it to get it to unstick. only costed like 30 bucks at autozone.

Comment

Originally posted by 4wheelinmike View Post
          IAC stands for idle air control valve. But I'll try the step motor and speed actuator and see what I get. But I know for a fact it's not the map, mines on the firewall
          I think the sensor that is on your firewall would be the Crank Position Sensor. The MAP sensor is is your intake. It mesures the Manifold Absolute Pressure and helst the computer do decide how much fuel is needed.
          Those left standing
          Will make millions
          Writing books on ways
          It should have been
          -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Crank sensor is on the bellhousing it looks at the flywheel where cyl 1 is. Map is on the firewall with a vaccum house to the intake

Comment

The IAC should be an integral part of your throttle body. It opens and closes (allowing air in) to maintain a constant idle speed. That's especially useful while idling in low gear offroad. Right before you stall your engine... when you hear the engine pick up and keep you from stalling. That's the IAC at work.

Comment

You have it right:

We tried to make the world idiot proof. Now we just have a world full of idiots.

Comment

Working...
                X