Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZJ: Noise up front

Well i had knew brakes put in all four corners. My question is if the front diff fluid is LOW will it make a metal to metal sounds off and on slowing down and take off sometimes. Had the brakes inspected and nothing is rubing at all so i went to check the D30 fluid and it took about a quart of gear oil. I dont think that was normal.

Input from the Myjeeprocks family
    Thanks Fred

uh oh.....it dont sound good..... in both cases.

BobO
    "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
    (Charles Wells)

Comment

The Dana 30 only holds about 1.5 quarts. Sooo....if you put in one quart...then.... could be.... you may have issuses.
      Some times though when brakes are changed out the back protection plate gets bent. Its the sheet metal covering the exposed part of the disc towards the inside. However if it was bent and touching the disc, it would be making noise all the time
      "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
      (Charles Wells)

Comment

quickest thing to do.... remove the diff cover and take a look.
        (Charles Wells)

Comment

I almost used half a quart of gear oil. Test drove and can barley hear it but it did sound like when brakes go out front metal to metal. it comes and goes. It started about a couple days ago though.

Comment

Working...
          X