Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a Dana 35 pinion bearing set (Timken) new crush sleeve and pinion nut...
    God forgives, rocks don't
    -sons of thunder

Comment

Originally posted by 6spdYJ View Post
      I have a Dana 35 pinion bearing set (Timken) new crush sleeve and pinion nut...
      Well to replace anything more then the yoke, he should really be looking for qualified help, or taking the diff to someone that has the right tools and knowledge...
      *Ricky Bobby* "I'm on FIRE!"... "I'm on FIRE!"...

Comment

Thanks Robert. Actually, don't think the pinion yoke is bad; so staying away from it for now. Problem was broken leaf on pass side and the drivers side had a 3/4 inch gap bewtween asle and plate. U bolts were frozen; axle was bouncing around. I'm lucky I didn't break the ole Dana 35, which I'm admiring right now. Tough lil guy (at least in my ride!)

Comment

Like New!

So, I drove my rig this morning. Wow. Its a different jeep! God knows how long my axle was in that condition. I've had the jeep almost a year and now wonder if some of my struggles over/thru obstacles was because I was losing so much power from transfer case to wheels. I mean, I was cruisin at 70 and passing people on the highway!! I've NEVER done that!! It feels like it even shifts better. Now, to install the Aussie tomorrow -- an actual upgrade!! Although, refurbed rear leafs and new shocks with a drivetrain that's NOT pinching is like xmas right now!

Comment

I would have to agree Joe that your problems offroading was probably due to massive axlewrap due to that one loose leaf. All the stress that wants to twist the axle up was being forced on one leave spring and that one was broken. Looking forward to doing some wheeling with you tomarrow after the wrench fest.
            It's not leaking it's marking its territory.

Comment

The End...or Not?

So, I headed to Neil's this morning with the intent to install a lunchbox, cut/reposition/weld my muffler and go wheel!! Yeah, right! We wrenched from 10 - 7! Thanks to Neil, Shannon and their 4 boys though -- I had a blast!! Ran into a few challenges...but Neil is a master innovator! Locker works great! Put new brake pads on while we had the front in pieces. Neil noticed a few things and I discovered I was about to loose a front leaf to frame bolt! Even tho we didn't wheel; I did get a ride in Neil's rig and WOW -- fun times! Hope to wheel out in Hemet with Neil soon. Thanks Neil!! (And Shannon too!)

Comment

Your welcome Joe. Anytime you need help just let me know. My wife kids and myself enjoyed having you over. Any time your ready to go wheeling let me know. And I am glad to see you made it home ok, we were a little worried because of the tie rod sleeve.
                It's not leaking it's marking its territory.

Comment

Working...
                X