Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I took it out today and it ran soooooooo good. No backfire, spit or sputter, and plenty of power. When I got back I pulled the plugs and they look brand new still. I was driving for about an hour and a half on the road and up the canyon. So I guess I need to give it a full run to Idyllwild and back to see if there is any difference. So tomarrow I will do that and let you guys know. Thanks again for all the help. I am glad I joined this forum.
    It's not leaking it's marking its territory.

Comment

Your other plugs could of just be shot from it being too rich before. Drive it up to high altitude again and see what it does.

Comment

Beau,
        You don't have to answer this post. But I wanted to suggest that if you can afford it, (it's cheap) you may want to become a paying member of MJR. I don't know if you are or are not, that's none of my business. No one is required to, but every little bit helps. It cost's some bucks to keep this website up and running. It think, as you just found out, this is the best Jeepin' website on the planet.
        SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
        MJR moderator
        MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
        Jeep Patrol Leader
        Reforestation Supervisor
        Licensed Ham - n6ujm
        Eagle Scout

Comment

Originally posted by Jeeperator View Post
          Your other plugs could of just be shot from it being too rich before. Drive it up to high altitude again and see what it does.
          Ya I was thinking that to. I am headed to High elevation in the morning and I will post how it goes. I really wanted to run The Hemet Jeep Trail every time I go by it but the jeep is usually not running that good by the time I get there so I just go to pine cove. Hopefully tomarrow will be my day to finally have some fun.

Comment

Well I went up the canyon today and it was all well until I got to about 5000 ft and it started to pop in the headers. I got 1 good backfire out of it to. But I have to say it still ran alot better than before. I checked the spark plugs and they still look almost brand new, not white not tan not black, so I guess I can go down 1 more jet size and see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
              Beau,
              You don't have to answer this post. But I wanted to suggest that if you can afford it, (it's cheap) you may want to become a paying member of MJR. I don't know if you are or are not, that's none of my business. No one is required to, but every little bit helps. It cost's some bucks to keep this website up and running. It think, as you just found out, this is the best Jeepin' website on the planet.
              I am wondering why this is directed at me? Last time I looked theres alot of none paying members here. Why am I put in the spotlight? I am just trying to help this guy out with his issue. Is there a rule somwhere where only paying members can help a fellow jeeper out?

Comment

I am wondering why this is directed at me?
                Maybe he saw when you joined and noticed how many posts you have and just thought he would mention the membership thing since its obvious you think this is a great site just like we do. Plus you aparently have quite a bit of experience and knowledge to offer to others.
                I'll keep my money, guns and freedom...you can keep the "Change".

Comment

Well times are tough for me right now. I been an Operating Engineer for over 20 years and never been out of work this long. Maybe when that HUGE solar project goes in up Lucern Valley I can get on that job and pay for the mjr membership. I have a bit of engine building,engine dyno and holley carb tuning experience. I dont mind sharing it with others.

Comment

I am a Operating Engineer also just a stationary type. hmmm small world

Comment

Working...
                    X