Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diff's

just wondering if anyone knows if the diff's out of a dodge dakota will be fairly close to fitting in my '93 yj. I have looked and am having troubles finding info on this. I am going to upgrade the diff's when i drop the 318 in and would like to keep my jeep as close to all mopar as possible.

Originally posted by lvoe the mud View Post
    would like to keep my jeep as close to all mopar as possible.
    Why?

Now that Fiat owns Jeep, should people start putting Fiat axles under their rigs?
    holes = cowbell

Comment

Find a Scout Dana 44 for the back. Dana is the OEM for Jeep. If you insist on Chrysler, an 8.25 from a Cherokee is closest to the width.
      God forgives, rocks don't
      -sons of thunder

Comment

well inVERT'd, if Fiat makes one that will fit let me know, but since dodge still owned Jeep when my '93 was made I will stick with the mopar.

Comment

As 6spdYJ pointed out, Dana was OEM for your YJ. They have been OEM for Jeep CJs/ Wranglers for many years. They have also been OEM for Ford, Chevy, and Chrysler. Limiting yourself to only those Dana products that came bolted up to Chrysler products seems to limit you unnecessarily with no real benefit.

Oh and welcome to MJR, eh?
          holes = cowbell

Comment

Keep your eyes peeled. Some Canadian YJ's came with the Dana 44 with the 2 3/4 tubes. If you can find one, you'd better go buy a lottery ticket the same day!!!
            -sons of thunder

Comment

Start buying AIL Storm parts from Isriel. OEM YJ Dana60s...
              Those left standing
              Will make millions
              Writing books on ways
              It should have been
              -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Hey Garry, welcome aboard! I have no idea about those diffs but I am curious though... what is lvoe? the mud or did you spell love wrong?

Comment

lol spearhead, ya i screwed up on the typing, didnt catch it till i logged in for the first type.(good thing i am better with the wrenches then the keyboard)

Comment

Isn't the Dakota IFS? If you're set on using it, check the WMS-WMS width. The front and rear gears will have to match. If you run the Dakota rear, I believe it has the small 6-lug pattern and the YJ front has 5 on 4 1/2. Be ready to either find a funky unit bearing or replace the Dana 30 too. Or carry two spares. Also, the 260 u-joints probably won't live with a 318 for too long. A 318 in a YJ does sound COOL though! I always liked that motor.
                    -sons of thunder

Comment

Originally posted by lvoe the mud View Post
                      lol spearhead, ya i screwed up on the typing, didnt catch it till i logged in for the first type.(good thing i am better with the wrenches then the keyboard)
                      yeah i hear ya! alot of mechanics have sausage fingers... LOL, i just thought i'd point it out to ya like i would a friend that had a booger on his nose or something!:homer:

Comment

Working...
                      X