Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found the vibration!

My mechanic Ken just replaced my rear leafsprings for me. Wow what a difference. The old set was getting soft and sagging. One the way home I had a new vibration and funny clunking off the line. Well a trip back to Kens tonight and he climbed under the Jeep and looked right at the top U-Joint on the drive shaft. Wasted! A nice reminder for me to gresae this thing once and awhile. Smooth as can be again. Hopefully no breaky this weekend.

Mitch

Hey Mitch,
    I have wasted u-joints in the past, but I think you take the cake for this one. I too now grease those things alittle more often than I use to.
    You are lucky it was still holding together. Rock on!:thumbs_up
    Some say that if you listen to the little voices, you are open minded, if you answer them, you belong in a white padded room. I say, have a conversation!!

Comment

Yeah I feel lucky, and a little dumb for not greasing. I put the wrench on it often before and after runs, but this was a good educating thing.

Comment

vibes

come on mitch ,break out the old creeper ,dust it off and take about 10 mins of lookin and greasing.lol

Comment

I just replaced my rear driveshaft. Same problem, clunking noise and vibration. The joints were done.

I See Detroit's in My Future:gun:

Comment

Looks to me like it still has some life in it :confused:
            holes = cowbell

Comment

Your VERY lucky!
              Remember: GREASE is CHEAP........Use LOTS!
              Respectfully,
              LG
              Hav'n you along, is like loose'n 2 good men....

Comment

Oh yeah,

Using a little extra grease for sure! It's a lot cheaper.

Comment

Working...
                X