Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 lug Dana 44 front hub and spindle????

Does anyone know where I can get a front 6 lug hub and spindle for a Dana 44? My 76 cherokee decided to have a major malfunction yesterday and desinegrate the front left hub and bearings with out warning on the freeway. Fortunately no harm to anyone around me, and I did manage to limp it 8 miles to my house...via the emergency lane on the 15 fwy (gotta love the low volume of traffic in the high desert). I was told that its the same hub assy. as a chevy D44....can anyone confirm that?
    Some say that if you listen to the little voices, you are open minded, if you answer them, you belong in a white padded room. I say, have a conversation!!

1/2 ton Chevy trucks and Blazers did use 6 lugs and a D44 front axle in the 70's possibly into the early 80's. Then they went to the 10bolt axle but stuck with the Dana outers.

Comment

Thanks Chris. I managed to find a d44 from a 78 cherokee that all the parts I needed. Job is completed, and I am back on the road.:gun:
      Some say that if you listen to the little voices, you are open minded, if you answer them, you belong in a white padded room. I say, have a conversation!!

Comment

Working...
      X