Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U Joint Lubrication?

Ok, I snapped my first axle on the jeep and I picked up some superior evolution dana44's. I'm installing the spicer 5-760x that came with the kit and I'm asking you guys what to do about greasing them before I finish putting them together?

What grease to use?
    And should I pack them as full as possible?
    Really, any advice, experience and insight will be appreciated. I don't want to screw this up.

Thanx, Billy

Should be prelubed and sealed once they are together. If you want to pack them more, lucas red grease is a good stuff.

Comment

Follow Spicers instructions and do not grease them. Each cap has a predetermined ammount of grease in it. More importantly each cap has the same ammount of grease in it. Thats why it is also important to not mix up the caps.
      Those left standing
      Will make millions
      Writing books on ways
      It should have been
      -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Ok thank you, there is so much differing info out there on this subject. I spoke with superior tech support and he confirmed what you said OU812. That they come with the proper amount of grease and to put them together as they stand. There was no instruction card in the box with my u joints.

Comment

I took mine down to the local driveline shop and had them assemble them .I didnt want to make any mistakes .took em all of 10 mins .

Comment

where?
            how much?

Comment

I know that my local driveline shop charges $30 to install a ujoint if you just hand them a (u)joint and a shaft....
              Those left standing
              Will make millions
              Writing books on ways
              It should have been
              -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

If you do grease A new joint or Have greasables ones any old grease is better than no grease. But there are few greases that pass the Spicer grease test.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums...&Number=211625

Comment

I had mine done at powertrain industries. 7582 anthony ave garden grove.1-714-893-4585.good guy,s great service .one of the guy,s is a jeeper too.cant remember price but it wasnt too much .

Comment

Jeepthrills in compton' if you dare
                    Living the Dream"!
                    , Joe

Comment

How ya been joe? Long time no wheel
                      An XJ will always cost you less then any girl ever will, and you will always know when the spark is gone.

Comment

Working...
                      X