Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TJ / LJ rear and front end swaps

I am obtaining a dana 44 rear end from a 2004 LJ and want to put it on my 2000 TJ to replace the current dana 35. Is this a direct bolt up? I have a friend who is getting new axles for his LJ and I am getting his front and rear for my TJ. He is keeping his calipers for his new setup. This will also upgrade me from 373's to 411's.

Also the LJ rear has disk brakes. so I'm converting. I will have his backing plates and rotors. I've obtained calipers from a grand cherokee I was told would fit. I was wondering if I would need brake line extensions and different e-brake lines. If I do, what type and where can I obtain them?

Suggestions on anything else that might be needed is appreciated.

I want to make sure I have all the parts needed when we have the wrenching party.

Yep, it's a direct bolt up. The only thing that's different under there is drive shaft length and other little things like brake lines and fuel lines.
    We tried to make the world idiot proof. Now we just have a world full of idiots.

Comment

I actually bolted a LJ rear axle under my TJ 4 banger in 2006 when it was only 2 months old direct bolt in all the way around parking brake, brake lines everything fits and works

Comment

Mike,
        That is a very nice upgrade man. You should really have some fun with that! Congrats!
        [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
        [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
        http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Thanks everyone. I appreciate the feedback.

Rat Patrol. Lovn the awesome buildup on your rig. Very nice.

Comment

Working...
          X