Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JK: T-case shift trouble

For my buddie, with the Jeep that is too fancy for my blood...

4 door JK, T-case lever is unhooked, it goes forward and back easy, the linkage must have come apart. How do you take off the knob for the T-case shift lever to get the console off? How do the linkages work on the T-case? It's currently 'stuck' in 4-low... poor bastard! :devil: Any input will help, I am going over to his pad Tuesday to help him fix it, it would be nice to know what I'm doing. I'm going to bring a BFH...
    :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

The JK has a known issue with a $0.25 nylon bushing breaking at the linkage at the transfer case causing that problem. Luckily I have not yet experienced, but I have two of those mothers in my center console.

Your friend can go to the JK Owners forum on Pirate and do a search. People have done other mods than the factory part or he can get the part number and go to Jeep.
    Rich

Comment

The linkage is not underneath the jeep (between the floor and tc) like a tj?

Comment

There are two spots for failure, one under the JK and one just inside the floor console. The trouble on this JK was under the console, so we removed the shift knob and lifted the console and replaced the plastic piece of crap clip that failed, and then she was all good again. lucky for this time around it wasn't in BFE... I don't know why anyone would use plastic clips on each end of the T-case shift linkage, but whatever...
        :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Originally posted by Ol Man View Post
          The JK has a known issue with a $0.25 nylon bushing breaking at the linkage at the transfer case causing that problem. Luckily I have not yet experienced, but I have two of those mothers in my center console.
          Very true, I was just talking to a customer of mine yesterday that had the exact same problem last weekend. This is Chrysler part number 68064273AA and the cost is a meager thirty cents. MOPAR has NOT released a tech upgrade bulletin as of yet. If anyone has found an aftermarket upgrade please post it up.
          Last edited by Matt2001TJ; 05-06-10, 02:50 PM.
          "Just Another Jeepin Guy"

Comment

Working...
          X