Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, just wondering if 10.50-wide tires will fit on my stock 15x7 wheels, or if i will have to use 15x8. the reason i ask is that my 98 is ready for tires and am planning to put 31x10.50x15 and like the stock rims i have.

I think you can do that but they will prob rub more than wheels with better backspacing, especially with a 3inch lift.
    B R E T T
    87 XJ 3" lift, 31s-thats all thats worth mentioning

Comment

It will work just fine. You will get some rubbing on the lower control arms at full turn, all you have to do is remove the steering stops and add one or 2 washers. Im currently running 5.25" of lift on my XJ with 33x10.50 BFG MT's on factory 15x8 Canyon wheels.

The 15x7's is actully a better choice for the 10.5" wide tires because it will hold the bead better than a 15x8.
      89' XJ, lifted, locked, exo caged.

Comment

Ran 32x10.50 Swampers and then 33x10.50 Swampers on my stock 15x7 alloys for many years. IMHO it's about the perfect tire size if you're "stuck" with 15x7's (or a cheap b-turd like me)
        Jeff
        OHV76V
        KG6TY
        You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

Here is a cheap way to make them fit better. Find some Ford Ranger Rims. Backspacing is a little better and they are still 15x7, with the same bolt pattern. Buddy ran all the way up to 35x12.5 GY MTRs on them on his XJ. Check out his site. http://www.bobs4x4offroad.com You can see the rims on the Green XJ.

Erik

Comment

Working...
          X