Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steering Box ?????

I have a 98' TJ and my steering box started leaking from the bottom seal... it also has a ton of play.. and I think the out put shaft is wasted..... because the pitman arm is loose again, which I just replaced.

My question is .. I'm running 37's and I want to upgrade it to a new heavy duty box... what would the quick replacement upgrade be ???

I was hoping it would be an easy swap to something form a bigger truck.

Anyone know of anything ??
    You can lead a horse to water, but it might drown

I think a lot of people use the Dodge Durango box. Here is a writeup with part numbers.

http://www.marylandjeepclub.org/phpB...php?f=4&t=5821
    Those left standing
    Will make millions
    Writing books on ways
    It should have been
    -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

I did the durango junk yard route, 2 years it worked perfect and just replaced it with a remanufactured one. The first one started to leak real bad. Other than that, it felt fine to me, could not really tell from the stock one.

Comment

A rebuilt PS box from AutoZone is $128. Only takes 30 minutes to swap it over. Super easy.

Comment

I did the durango box also. If I had to do it over again I would go PSC. With 37" tires you also need a pump and cooler.
          IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Actually even with 33's or 35's a powersteering cooler is not a bad idea at all

Comment

Working...
            X