Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dana 60 and Dana 44

I found this. Seems like a good deal. Guy wants $100 per axle. Just passing along what I found.

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/pts/1675034639.html

im glad u posted this ron. it remind me of a question i had a while back. what years are the desireable one for the dana 60 front? i know that alot of guys like the ford. but i usuallly see everyone going after like a 79' but how come no one ever goes after a newer one? just a question.

Comment

Your welcome. I don't know the answer. Although, I am sure someone will chime in. I think my old '03 Ford F250 had a Dana 60 up front.

Comment

the best dana 60 in my opinion is in the late 70's ford f350

its a high pinion kingpin
        [COLOR="YellowGreen"]"You cant fit 2 fingers in my tailpipe"[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by bails85 View Post
          im glad u posted this ron. it remind me of a question i had a while back. what years are the desireable one for the dana 60 front? i know that alot of guys like the ford. but i usuallly see everyone going after like a 79' but how come no one ever goes after a newer one? just a question.
          On the newer 60's the pumpkin is closer to the knuckle making it a tight spot to mount suspension componets.

Comment

Originally posted by generalkaos View Post
            On the newer 60's the pumpkin is closer to the knuckle making it a tight spot to mount suspension componets.
            conversely the further offset pumpkin can make more clearance for the front d-shaft to clear the trans pan.
            "It's Not Rocket Surgery"

Comment

but are the components and seals and etc. the same through the years or are they different? and are there hi and low pinon or just one version? im wanting to do a 60 swap later on and just getting info now.

Comment

http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/billav...ont/index.html

Comment

kevin somehow i knew u would chime in with a pirate link. . i cant figure out how to browse through there. its retarded. and there is too many smartasses on there who dont know shit.

Comment

i know i always do that to ya, there's a ton of info on 60s and if you want to now it all, read that article..

Comment

yeah i know pirate has a lot of good info. just hard to find it sometimes.

Comment

Working...
                      X