Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4.3 drive by wire

I have a 4.3 from an 07 silverado that I am putting in my cj. It has the drive by wire throttle body on it. I know that i need the pedal. What other parts/wiring do I need to make the system work?
    '79 cj7, SOA. shackle reverse, custom cage, flow master, holly carb, 35" maxxis tires, custom bumpers and rockers, dana 44's locked, bead locks

Crash helmet. I think they are provided by the dealer on all fly by wire vehicles now.

Sry, sarcasm is all I have to offer.
    Those left standing
    Will make millions
    Writing books on ways
    It should have been
    -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

For ease, I would suggest finding a way to convert it to a cable throttle body. Since its a chevy, I would guess there's a bunch of guys doing it. If your set on keeping the DBW then make sure you grab all the engine wiring, computer, gas pedal, and possibly some of the dash harness (if the pedal plugs into that).
      [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
      SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
      Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

I'd be happy to back to a throttle cable. A new throttle body isn't very costly. I don't know if it will mess with the engine to run it that way. Anyone know?
        '79 cj7, SOA. shackle reverse, custom cage, flow master, holly carb, 35" maxxis tires, custom bumpers and rockers, dana 44's locked, bead locks

Comment

Found the solution. Cable throttle body and an older computer to go with it.

Comment

That was easy.
            [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
            SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
            Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

why would u go with a v6 why not just put a v8 in it?

Comment

Because a v8 is kind of overkill for a 4k lb jeep.
                In other news: the chevy 4.3 is the same as a 350, but with two cylinders missing. most aftermarket parts bolt right up.
                And since we are going OT : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFybwg4wadI

have a nice day!
                An XJ will always cost you less then any girl ever will, and you will always know when the spark is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by bails85 View Post
                  why would u go with a v6 why not just put a v8 in it?
                  My jeep has dana 44's a tf999 tranny and 35" tires. I feel like if I went with a modern v8 I would have too much power for the rest of my drive train. The 4.3 has more HP and torque then the piece of junk 304 it is replacing. And that is if the 304 had the power that it was rated at 30 years ago (it doesn't). Hopefully I made the right choice, time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by cannon View Post
                    Hopefully I made the right choice, time will tell.
                    You will be happy. I'm glad I went that route instead of a V8. The 4.3 has plenty of torque.
                    Check out .

Comment

Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
                      You will be happy. I'm glad I went that route instead of a V8. The 4.3 has plenty of torque.
                      Thats good to hear. I have never talked to anyone with the 4.3 in their jeep that really used it. It looks like from your build that you get out there. I live at 10,000 ft so the fuel injection alone will be huge plus. My jeep was barley making it over some of the higher passes around my home town last summer. Let alone enough power for crawlin.

Comment

Originally posted by cannon View Post
                        Thats good to hear. I have never talked to anyone with the 4.3 in their jeep that really used it. It looks like from your build that you get out there. I live at 10,000 ft so the fuel injection alone will be huge plus. My jeep was barley making it over some of the higher passes around my home town last summer. Let alone enough power for crawlin.

The fuel injection is great. Even runs upside down. Trust me I know.

Let me know if you have any question on the swap.
                        Check out .

Comment

oh no maybe i sounded kinda blunt on my post... i am a big fan of the 4.3 im actually on the hunt for one for my rail. i just thought that the latest cj kick was putting in a 350. let me know how it all goes down.

Comment

Originally posted by bails85 View Post
                            oh no maybe i sounded kinda blunt on my post... i am a big fan of the 4.3 im actually on the hunt for one for my rail. i just thought that the latest cj kick was putting in a 350. let me know how it all goes down.
                            No No I didn't take it that way. It is the trend these days. I will be the only person that I wheel with that has done a swap to anything but a v8. This forum is the best. People are friendly and helpful. I posted the same original Q's on Pirate and got nothing but sarcastic bitchy remarks back, MJR kick ass!

Comment

ill second that pirate has a bunch of cocky assholes on it. but there are some guys on there that will help u out. too bad there are more jerks. the reason that i asked was because my friend has a cj5 with a 350 and th350 trans in it and also thats all i ever hear is put a 350 in it.

Comment

Working...
                              X