Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• swappin trannies

Ok this is what i got. I have a Peugeot BA/10 5 Speed Manual Transmission, and as far as i can see, are more expensive and harder to find thean a AX15. Now i have read in some places on the net that people have done conversions of the two, from the peugeot to a ax15, what i need is a detailed way to do that. I wouldent mind your guyses comments and suggestions thnx

Do a web search, I found this: http://www.off-road.com/jeep/tech/co.../ax15swap.html when doing a quick search. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

[COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

OK, It worked! I first posted stating that my P.o.S Ba 10/5 Pugeot tranny went out on me and needed options on what to do. So I started searching around and with the help that duke gave me I figured my best option was to Buy an Ax-15 tranny and convert the 21 spline input shaft from a 21 to a 23 to mate with the new tranny and my 231 transfer case.....easly said... So we started out and bought a used ax-15 down in branson with a new bell housing and went ahead and gota new clutch and through out berring. We started out and took out are old tranny but ran into 1 problem, the top right nut on the back of the tranny is a reverse tork and we thought it was a stripped nut....any way we got the bugger off and put a new one on later.. with both of the trannys sitting in my yard we swapped out the slave cylinder and put on thew new bell housing, we then were going to connect the T/Case and ax-15 when the New input shaft we bought required us to take nearly the whole t/case apart just to put that one thing in....so neither me or my dad bieng up to the challenge of replacing what ever may be wrong inside the t/case and getting lost with all the pieces...we took the safe route and had a tranny shop put the piece in for us. After we got it back we mounted it to the tranny and put the bugger back in. While doing this we fixed an exaust leak and some vaccume leaks that we found and replaced the valve cover gasket. Got new U-Joints for the front drive shaft and rear drive shaft. The tranny stuck a bit farther back than the ba 10 so we had to cut about 1/2 inch back in the floor board so that we could shift...no biggie! So the tranny is in and now for the tranny mount to be put on then the cross member. Well we lucked out on the cross member because we should have had to drill new holes for the tranny mount because the new tranny sits 4in back farther, but the mount was kind of universal and fit these other holes on it.

TOTAL TRANNY MOUNT SWAP $$$
      ---------------------------
      ax-15 tranny $750
      Bell housing $50
      21-23 Spline Input $50
      Tranny Mount $50
      laybor on input spline $200
      valve cover gasket $5
      2 U Joints $25
      4 bottles of gear lube $8
      2 bottles of ATF $4
      some odd bolts and nuts $10
      tranny jack rental(2days) $80
      --------------------------
      T O T A L $1,232

Basicly it was just me and my dad, took us about 3 weeks..doing it in are free time. just bought the jeep for 2,200 its an 88 and in pretty good condition. so about 3,400 for my jeep.

Last edited by AshenShugar00; 04-28-04, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Right on!! Glad to hear it worked and the Jeep is back on the road.

[COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
        SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
        Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Working...
        X