Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bolts or size needed?

Well, David and I replaced my NP231 with his NP231 w/SYE. The drop bars (not sure of the name) are no longer needed for the transfer case from the 4" lift. There is 3 bolts to each bar. What size are these bolts? Or, does anyone have them laying around becuase they used the bar to drop their transfer case? The bolts in there now are to long if I remove the "spacers" bar.

If someone can post if they have these 6 bolts or the correct size that would be great

Thanks
    Ron

i belive the are 1/2 bolts if i remeber right
    [COLOR="YellowGreen"]"You cant fit 2 fingers in my tailpipe"[/COLOR]

Comment

Yeah, they're 1/2"-13. I think 1/2-13 x 1-1/2" flange head bolts would work fine. If you can't find flange bolts (aka hex washer), just use a regular hex bolt with a separate washer.

Ron, IIRC, the ones on your YJ were standard flange head bolts. The ones one my TJ (since I have them handy) are self-centering flange bolts(having a bevel similar to a lug nut or lug bolt at the underside of the flange). I'm sure there's a name for that type, but I can't think of it. Anyway, mine measure 1-1/2" from the top of the tapered part to tip.
      holes = cowbell

Comment

You guys are awsome! Thanks.

Comment

"having a bevel similar to a lug nut or lug bolt at the underside of the flange".

Mine is that way too.

Comment

Funny I didn't remember that... :bonk:
            holes = cowbell

Comment

Second bone yard had them. Wrangler right up front too! About 40ft from the door. Sigh! Anyway, got them and installed them. Spacer(s) is removed. The TC shifter sits higher and better now. Whoo-hoo!

Thanks all who posted to help me.

Oh, almost forget...Seond bone yard has 98+ Ford 8.8 axles for $119!! I will be there next weekend.

Comment

Working...
              X