Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust....Buy or build?

I need have some work done on my exhaust to allow my front suspension to fully droop on the passenger side. My LJ has a 4” short arm with factory uppers and the passenger side upper control arm will rest on the exhaust when the suspension is at full drop. I also have a body lift and I don’t care for how exposed the exhaust is to trail damage. Yes it’s still in factory spot, but the body lift really seems to make it look like it’s more vulnerable to getting hit etc. So the question is do I get a manufactured cat-back system? Does someone make one that mounts a little higher? Or do I have a shop build me a new system?

why not just go buy a coulpe pieces of bent exhaust tube from a parts house and see if u can cut and weld it yourself. try a couple different pieces. even autozone carries them. very wallet friendly.

Comment

yeah, and while yer down there you can put a flange on each side of yer cat, and then you can take it out or have it in whenever you want, so yer cat will last forever! :devil: and the jeep will run cooler! :beer: just a thought... :2:
      :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

I don't have a welder. I do like the flange idea though. Maybe a one of you guys doing all that fancy fab work wants a small job? PM me if this sounds like a project you want to take on. I live in Hemet.
        Last edited by Commandoman; 02-05-10, 10:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X