Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks to all. Funny thing, once the rain stopped, so did the rough idle and whatever the bang was. Possibly water got in the tank at the station if they filled their tanks during the rain. Other possibility is water got under the distributor cap??? Anyhow, thanks again.
    God forgives, rocks don't
    -sons of thunder

Comment

Originally posted by 6spdYJ View Post
      Thanks to all. Funny thing, once the rain stopped, so did the rough idle and whatever the bang was. Possibly water got in the tank at the station if they filled their tanks during the rain. Other possibility is water got under the distributor cap??? Anyhow, thanks again.
      Your Jeep issue is NOT fixed!
      It will leave you in the middle of "no-where" sooner or later.
      Look for the fix NOW if you can.
      Best of luck.
      Respectfully,
      LG
      Hav'n you along, is like loose'n 2 good men....

Comment

Well if it only happened during rain, take the garden hose to your Jeep and see if you can locate what is going on. Just because it is happy now does not mean it will not cause more unhappiness at a very unopportune moment

Comment

I found out not to use autozone distributer rotors and bosch platinum spark plugs the hard way. Cheap rotor left me sitting on the freway not once but twice and they were both new rotors. Platinum bosch plugs platinum tips wear out and your gap continuely increases as they wear out eventually leaving you sitting or a poorly running vehicle.

Comment

Figured out that the bang was a piece of diff gear getting processed...
            God forgives, rocks don't
            -sons of thunder

Comment

Working...
            X