Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stuck in the middle....

Hi ya,ll ..and no this is not about Steely Dan I,ve got my D/S off the jeep I spoke to Tom Wood about it so I,m pretty sure I,m on the right track I,m replacing the u-joints and I have the double cardon cv style also replacing the cv socket yoke ...How do you get the u-joints out??? is there a easy trick or another reason to blame the 70,s I,ve got the clips out need some help, as I want to use them as trail extras and do not want to damage them..Thanks Everyone!!...Geeb. Please help me get em out!!!!
    "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Check out stu olson web site.
    IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Just use sockets. Slightly over sized on one side, slightly under sized on the other. and a hammer or "C" clamp.

BTW, "Stuck In The Middle With You" was Steelers Wheeler.
      Last edited by Double AA; 12-24-09, 05:59 PM.

Comment

Okie Doke guys will check it out and try it..See DOUBLE AA it was the 70.s ..lol
        "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

if you have a vice you can open it just enough put the ears of the yoke on the tops of the jaws. then you smack it on the chin with an impact hammer or something. that drives the u-joints right out--even rusted in ones.
          holes = cowbell

Comment

Stealers Wheel.

The 70's were good to me, and I'm grateful I remember the good stuff,
            All slow and no show

Comment

Working...
            X