Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still 3.07 and 33's

still trying to figure out if i am going 4.56 and sticking to 35's, or 4.88 and being ready for 37's
    An XJ will always cost you less then any girl ever will, and you will always know when the spark is gone.

Comment

to go to 37's,,,,,, do you have the axles, to take that kind of punishment, or it will land up costing you.
      06 UNL RUBI 4.5 LA,KM 2-35's/ 4.88 BEADLOCKS/SKIDS/WINCH
      07 AT CHASER TRAILER

Comment

5.13's & 35's 4sp auto, DD,
        Solor Yellow LJ Rubicion 4.5 SF SA. Body armor bumpers, Sliders, Warn RC 9.0, CB,Intake, Edge TB and programer.35" X Terrains, Some additional cage work

Comment

Originally posted by mrchips View Post
          to go to 37's,,,,,, do you have the axles, to take that kind of punishment, or it will land up costing you.
          Yea if your going to put bigger axles and brakes to go bigger than 35" just go to 40" tires and make it worth the trouble.
          IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

That is what I hear from 2blk2drs every time I talk about putting in a D44. His argument is if you are going to do all the work for a D44 you should just do a D60 and be done. My next set of gears will be with the intention of running either 35s or 37s. I don’t imagine I will want 37s on my DD but if I am going to regear anyway I will give myself that option. That will probably mean 4.88's for me.
            Those left standing
            Will make millions
            Writing books on ways
            It should have been
            -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

I have a 6-spd manual, an NV241 transfer case and 4.10/4.11 axle ratios with my 33s. At 65 mph in 6th gear, I run about 2300 rpm. Off road, in 1st gear, I have a 73:1 crawl ratio, so 4.10/4.11 is perfect for me. If I had my old NV231 transfer case, the crawl ratio would be about 56:1, so I would probably want a lower axle ratio (higher numerically).
              If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
              KI6MLU

Comment

Originally posted by OU812 View Post
                That is what I hear from 2blk2drs every time I talk about putting in a D44. His argument is if you are going to do all the work for a D44 you should just do a D60 and be done. My next set of gears will be with the intention of running either 35s or 37s. I don’t imagine I will want 37s on my DD but if I am going to regear anyway I will give myself that option. That will probably mean 4.88's for me.
                Neither one of your axles will live long with 37" tires And you won't be able to stop it.
                IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Comment

I have an 8.8 in the rear with disc brakes. I have a HP30 in front that will stay for at least a year but if I upgrade to 37s I will need to upgrade the front axle to a D44.
                  Those left standing
                  Will make millions
                  Writing books on ways
                  It should have been
                  -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Scott a Dana 44 and 37's aren't the best mix either and Curtis is right the brakes will be marginal at best.
                    For your setup 35's will work pretty well with upgraded axle shafts. Outside of the thickness of the axle tubes and better gearing options the difference in strength of a HP dana 30 or a Dana 44 is not very big.
                    37" tires and up and reliability asks for big axles and brakes even with 35" tires this Vanco brake setup is not a bad idea

Comment

So if I want to run 37s I should plan on a dana 60? I am thinking I will stick to 35s but im just wondering.
                      Those left standing
                      Will make millions
                      Writing books on ways
                      It should have been
                      -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Originally posted by OU812 View Post
                        So if I want to run 37s I should plan on a dana 60? I am thinking I will stick to 35s but im just wondering.
                        I think if you are going to run 37's you need a rockjock 60 in the rear and at least a 9" with 1 ton knuckles in the front and bigger brakes. If you are going to run stock 60 axles axles then you need to run bigger tires for more clearance on the pumkin. If its a DD you won't like the 37's on the freeway and you will need two sets of tires if you wheel it.

Comment

35s it is! Thats a lot of trouble. I cant see myself not driving my Jeep everyday anytime in the next 5 years.
                          Those left standing
                          Will make millions
                          Writing books on ways
                          It should have been
                          -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Originally posted by curtis View Post
                            I think if you are going to run 37's you need a rockjock 60 in the rear and at least a 9" with 1 ton knuckles in the front and bigger brakes. If you are going to run stock 60 axles axles then you need to run bigger tires for more clearance on the pumkin. If its a DD you won't like the 37's on the freeway and you will need two sets of tires if you wheel it.

9" in the front huh? Like a 609? Or did you post that backwards?
                            An XJ will always cost you less then any girl ever will, and you will always know when the spark is gone.

Comment

What's a 609?
                              Those left standing
                              Will make millions
                              Writing books on ways
                              It should have been
                              -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Its a dana 60 front using a 9" center section
                                Cliffs notes: $$$$$

Comment

Working...
                                X