Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue with front axle

Installed an Aussie locker in my front d30, drove it for a few weeks and it worked fine no problems just as it should. Took it out wheeling last week and went through some deep water crossings, now I can hear the ratcheting of the locker while driving straight, where I couldn't hear it before(only heard it in turns). I changed the diff fluid and its still there, no sign of any damage either. Any ideas?

When you changed the fluid did you see any signs of shiny fine metal, perhaps the thrust washers in the carrier are worn and need replacement.
    "It's Not Rocket Surgery"

Comment

No, no metal or anything like that, thrust washers still seem decent. Could try replacing them though thanks for the idea.

Comment

Take the the clearance measurement between the two clutch plates and match that to the recommended clearance. I belive it is suppose to be something like 3/16". If it largeerr than what they call for in the manual then you need new thrust washers. Water in the oil normally won't cause this problem with the lock rite or Aussie (they are both same just installed both brands myself)But thrust washer clearance will.

Comment

Working...
        X