Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• axle truss

ive seen alot of pictures and have found alot of companies that offer an axle truss but my question is when you build a truss do u weld it to the pumpkin or just to the axle housings and crossover the pumpkin. also how do u know or figure out if u have clearance for one and which one to go with.

You preferably just weld it to the tubes welds on the pumkin tend to crack, it can be done but takes a lot of doing and patience

Comment

As Art said welding to the tubes would be better. I'm going with one that also bolts to the diff cover for added strength.
      Check out .

Comment

Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
        As Art said welding to the tubes would be better. I'm going with one that also bolts to the diff cover for added strength.
        bitchin ballistic truss.

ruff stuff specialties makes some affordable trusses as well.
        Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Art,

Did you use the one from T and T Customs? It looks nice and is very affordable. I'll be playing with my front end soon and it will probobly include a truss.

Mitch

Comment

Yup TnT makes some nice eye candy Mitch

Comment

Originally posted by Tomb Raider 940 View Post
              bitchin ballistic truss.

ruff stuff specialties makes some affordable trusses as well.
              My shopping list is from all over the internet including Ruff Stuff. They do have some nice items. Ballistic's truss including the diff cover is about the same price as most truss only options.
              Check out .

Comment

Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
                how much do they want for that setup?

Comment

So Art, (AW12345) this is what you were talking about when I had my gears done? I really didn,t understand the concept before but think I get it now..Thanks ,Oh and whats the price range if ya,ll don,t mind...
                  "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

the truss and dif cover is 126.00 welded, they didnt have that option when i bought mine, killer price..they are also selling a 14 bolt shave kit they say real soon, just my luck as i finish sompthing they come out with an easy way to do it...
                    Last edited by xjkevin; 12-15-09, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by xjkevin View Post
                      the truss and dif cover is 126.00 welded, they didnt have that option when i bought mine, killer price..they are also selling a 14 bolt shave kit they say real soon, just my luck as i finish sompthing they come out with an easy way to do it...
                      Truss is $119 and cover is $126 but that's for a 14 bolt.
                      http://www.ballisticfabrication.com/...s-_p_1493.html
                      The truss could be modified to fit another axle pretty easy.
                      Check out .

Comment

wow thats very inexpensive for all that work

Comment

oh oops,its been a while and i ordered a bunch of stuff, that must be what i told my wife...

Comment

Thats a deal. I have been looking at the blue torch fab one for my 8.8 and it is $330!
                            Those left standing
                            Will make millions
                            Writing books on ways
                            It should have been
                            -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Originally posted by beercandan View Post
                              wow thats very inexpensive for all that work
                              Most of their stuff is as long as you can deal with the long lead times. Trust me.
                              Check out .

Comment

Working...
                              X