Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HP/Torque numbers?

Anyone know the HP/Torque numbers for TJ 4 bangers vs. the 6 cylinder? I'm just curious.
    [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

nope. i'll ask rick.

hey, rick!
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

2.5L - 120 hp, 140 ft-lb
      4.0L - 181 hp, 222 ft-lb

This is for '97 model year, i figure that's close enough to your '98

:shades:
      1986 CJ-7; 4.6L stroker, balanced & blueprinted; 5" lift, 35x1250 MTRs, Poison Spyder Full Width kit,
      My Jeep

Moab Rocker Knocker Video:shades:

Comment

Originally posted by rick
        2.5L - 120 hp, 140 ft-lb
        4.0L - 181 hp, 222 ft-lb

This is for '97 model year, i figure that's close enough to your '98

:shades:
        Hmmm, interesting. I would think the 4.0 would be putting out closer to 200 HP. Wishful thinking, I suppose. I was just thinking maybe I'll get a 4 banger, but now I think I'll stick with the 6
        [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
        SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
        Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Yah, thats what most want to think....i believe that the new (2000+) setup with direct coils is closer to 200....
          1986 CJ-7; 4.6L stroker, balanced & blueprinted; 5" lift, 35x1250 MTRs, Poison Spyder Full Width kit,
          My Jeep

Moab Rocker Knocker Video:shades:

Comment

they call the 91 4.0L 190hp, but there really only 181hp or something. The 20hp is a BIG difference. My 90 only has 170 hp and my 01 TJ has 190 with a 3 speed auto. With the 30" tires and 3.73's that thing was very fast with the 3 speed auto. The O/D kills it off the line. Also the o/D shafts @ 5000rpm's and the 3speed auto shafts @ 4,400 max unless you manually shaft it.
            2001 TACOJ-7 with RE 6" long arm kit and 4" all pro lonp travel leaf springs in the rear with 37" MTR's, Kilby's gas tank skid plate, 4XDoctors rocker panels, Skid Row engine skid and steering box skid plate, M.O.R.E steering brace etc.. 99 Toyota Tacoma rear axle with 4.10's and E-locker, and 78 HP Dana 44 front with waggy axle shafts, flat tops, manual hubs, with chevy brakes.

1990 XJ With 30's

Comment

Working...
            X