Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cbremer
    woohoo! it's done... it runs... the distributor was one tooth off so it knocked and backfired a bit, especially under load. reindexed the dist. and all is well it's got a very slight ping in 4th gear so i might need to invest in octane booster (or 89 octane gas).

Nice work chuck! Maybe try some 91 octane! what did your compression ratio come out to be?
    [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Originally posted by Dukes69
      Nice work chuck! Maybe try some 91 octane! what did your compression ratio come out to be?

best i can figure is somewhere around 9.4 or 9.5:1. a bit higher than i had hoped, but the machine shop did say that the deck wasn't exactly flat

Comment

Thanks for the "teaching" cbremer Scarey enough I do understand what boring an engine is, the rest is just way above me now.
        Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Sweet man! Glad you got it together and all is well. IIRC the compression ratio of the Accurate Power kit is like 9.4:1 or so? That alone will require at least midgrade to ensure no pinging under any circumstances. If it is ok under most circumstances but worse when you short shift it a bit and lug it then octane should solve the problem. Otherwise it could be lean? But I think the 24 lb/hr injectors should be plenty of fuel...
          1986 CJ-7; 4.6L stroker, balanced & blueprinted; 5" lift, 35x1250 MTRs, Poison Spyder Full Width kit,
          My Jeep

Moab Rocker Knocker Video:shades:

Comment

Working...
          X