Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More axle trouble. Dana 30

Well, Jeep will see the shop again. No surprise there. Front axle. Boy did I get the short end of that stick on that swap! Pinion bearings. Sigh! Ken will try to get it done before Sat trip to Cleghorn.

What swap was that? Did you trade a Dana 44 for a Dana 30?:bonk:
    holes = cowbell

Comment

Nah on his first outing he granated his dana35 and after that he swapped 2 used axles with 4.10 gears I think.
      As long as the gears are good changing the pinion bearings is no biggie

Comment

$70 for bearings and $100 labor. Sounds fair.

You're correct. Basically the front axle is pretty much rebuilt after this. The swap was for 89 axles which gave me non c-clip rear (D35) and 4:10 which I was told were good. Not the case. But, he got my good axles though. Live and learn.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeep4cern View Post
          $70 for bearings and $100 labor. Sounds fair.

You're correct. Basically the front axle is pretty much rebuilt after this. The swap was for 89 axles which gave me non c-clip rear (D35) and 4:10 which I was told were good. Not the case. But, he got my good axles though. Live and learn.
          did you really swap a dana 35-C for a non c clip axle, and go through all of the work in making the 89 axle fit under your jeep?

why not just buy the super 35, or the superior dana 35 c-clip eliminator axles?
          >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
          ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

No work. I didn't do it. It was done for free. Nothing to adapt. Straight bolt on.

The axles were free. Labor was free (someone did it). Not free anymore. But, I gained the 4:10 (huge improvement) and the non c-clip. With front axle rebuild, this swap went from free (was told axles were good) to a $500 (I think).

Comment

Originally posted by Jeep4cern View Post
              No work. I didn't do it. It was done for free. Nothing to adapt. Straight bolt on.

The axles were free. Labor was free (someone did it). Not free anymore. But, I gained the 4:10 (huge improvement) and the non c-clip. With front axle rebuild, this swap went from free (was told axles were good) to a $500 (I think).
              well, you might still consider the superior c-clip eliminators, as they have the alloy axles, and have proven very effective up to 35" tires.
              ERIK

Comment

Yep! One of my next upgrades. Once the storm passes with all these fixes.

Comment

verify fitment of those axles on your new diff.
                  ERIK

Comment

Working...
                  X