Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ox Locker cable adjustment

Just bought the new OX locker. Having trouble getting it engaged and to stay engaged. The lever will pops back out once i shift the knob . Anyone out there have any tricks to adjusting the cable? I have a call into Chip at OX, still waiting.....
    Living the Dream"!
    , Joe

Adjusting the cable is easy. Remove the two screws holding the cable in the shifter. Jack up one tire and leave the other on the ground. On the end of the cable is a threaded spacer. Screw it in to release tension on the cable or screw it out to tighten. Rotate the tire in the air to ensure it’s engaging. The tire will not turn if it's engaged.

Sound like it might be too tight.
    Check out .

Comment

Mine was pretty easy to adjust also. I did mine on a lift, and checked engagement by which way opposite tire spun.

This should help

http://demon4x4.com/Tech/oxs.htm

Comment

Nice write-up. Bookemarked that one.
        Those left standing
        Will make millions
        Writing books on ways
        It should have been
        -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Did the adjustment and it worked fine. I tried engaging it again later and could not get handle on the cable to drop into slot and actuate the locker. I attempted this repeatedly, bumped the jeep forward to see if it was a gear alignment issue, still did not work! I called OX and they told me that i need to be turning for the differentiater to engage. I tested this theory and it works every time!
          The problem with that is what the heck do you do when you are on tight trail stuck and need to engage locker? This just does not seem right. Any OX users have this problem?
          Living the Dream"!
          , Joe

Comment

Great write up, unfortunately i do not think it is completely accurate
            Living the Dream"!
            , Joe

Comment

is it an older model ox? i know they had a lot of issues with the earlier ones. i thought they had it all worked out though.
              >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
              ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

This is the new OX Trax. I am going to try another cable adjustment at the pumpkin. Hopefully this works. Quick question on any (air or electric) locker- If you try to engage and the gears are not lined up to actuate, does the mechanism keep trying until the gears do line up and engage?
                Living the Dream"!
                , Joe

Comment

Joseph,

I have a little trouble getting my Ox to engage sometimes. I've found that I can push on the lever as I am starting to climp an obstical and it will drop right in. I will look into one of the new levers today. Hopefully it is not too expensive.

Mitch

Comment

New levers are very cool compared to old. I have heard nothing but things. There is a cool write up in this
                    http://demon4x4.com/Tech/oxs.htm
                    I hope to get my situation resolved
                    Living the Dream"!
                    , Joe

Comment

On ARB's you flip the switch and they engage no fuzz no mush.

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                        On ARB's you flip the switch and they engage no fuzz no mush.
                        I do not have that option, ohh I run detroits, do not need to worry if they kick in.
                        censored for having an opinion

Comment

I think that I have problem resolved. We replaced the cable with a longer cable to eliminate any sharp turns or binding. I do like th eidea of taking it in and out of locked mode as I please.
                          The folks at OX have been great about support.
                          Living the Dream"!
                          , Joe

Comment

Working...
                          X