Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drag Link

Ok i'm going out on a limb here and saying that my "drag link" is bent..... that's what I think they call it, so if I'm wrong I stand corrected. It's a bar that connects to my pitman arm for my steering. I can make tight turns to the left but when turning to the right I barly get a 30% turn and I think it's because that bar is bent. Anyone know what I'm talking about? am I making since? Hopefully someone can hop in and tell me what I can do cheap.
    Thanks,
    Dave

I would jack up the front end and turn the wheel all the way to the right and see if anything is stopping the steering before the steering stops on the knuckles.
    Those left standing
    Will make millions
    Writing books on ways
    It should have been
    -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Jacked both tires up off the ground and turned to left and then the right. It dosen't appear to be hitting anything, it just stops short when turning to the right, that's why I'm thinking it's due to it being bent. I was wondering if I lowered my jeep down to where a 4x4 block of wood would push it back to being close? Any ideas?

Thanks,
      Dave

Comment

Can you post any pictures. I would think it would be really hard to bend you drag link without completely pretzeling your tie-rod. Is you steering shaft tight on your steering box? Is it possible that it rotated on ware it attaches to the steering box?
        Those left standing
        Will make millions
        Writing books on ways
        It should have been
        -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

I'll try and get a picture..... I dropped my camera the other day and it only works sometimes. That's what I was wondering if it was possible for the steering shaft had rotated somehow. One thing I might mention I did a 3" suspension lift if that would of made a differece has to the shaft being off.... and I've straightened the drag link by using my winch and a 4x4 block of wood.
          thanks for your feedback,
          Dave

Comment

Working...
          X