Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dana 44 Bearings

I need to replace my Rear Rubicon Dana 44 bearings this weekend. I'm looking for some instructions. Can you help? Thanks!
    [COLOR=DarkGreen]Chris :beer:
    Poison Spyder Custom, it's a beast!![/COLOR]

well which bearings? Wheel bearings, carrier bearings, pinion bearings? for the latter 2 sets of bearings a diff spreader and a bearing splitter and a puller or one of the fancy carrier and pinion bearing clamshel pukkers is the ticket. For the wheel bearings they are a pretty tight fit best to take them to a machine shop unless you have a press that goes up to about 20 tons

Comment

Sorry, forgot to mention that. Wheel bearings.

Comment

thanks aw. after i pull out the shaft i'll take it to a shop for the press.

Comment

Wheel bearings are not too bad you don't need a press to do. Cut old wheel bearings off with a die grinder cut most of the way through do not nick the axle cut the retainer off first about 3/4 through then use a chistle to crack the rest of the way through then same with the bearing. use a piece of 1 1/2 pipe as a slide hammer to drive the bearing and retainer back on one at a time heat the bearing up just a little take the axle and put it in a bucket of ice water will go right back togeather real easy.

Comment

Working...
          X