Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dana 300 rebuild

I thinks it's about time for a rebuild for my D300 transfer case. It came out of my 81 CJ-7 and far as I know nothing been done to it but yoke seals and fluid change. The real reason for this post is when in 4 lo it pops out of rear lo (twin stick) when i let off the gas. it stays in when under load. I think That brass thrust washer part is worn the slap out. The whole t-case probly is worn out. I been thinking about saving my pennies for the 4-to-1 kit or should I just rebuild it. I need new axle gears too running stock 3.73 with 35's thats another question I have but I'll put that in another post.
    75 blazer + 81 CJ-7 + 90 Wrangler = Tonka Jeep Dave

When you take the Dana-300 apart, closely scrutinize your shift forks. If the transfer case is jumping out of gear, bent or worn-out shift forks are a likely culprit...

Comment

I'll check that out thanks it did it before I swapped in the twin sticks but the factory set up kept it from popping all the way back to nuteral. It just kind of made a noise like it was jumping a gear tooth because the jeep would kinda jump forward and the shifter would wiggle a lot. now it just pops into N
      75 blazer + 81 CJ-7 + 90 Wrangler = Tonka Jeep Dave

Comment

Working...
      X