Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V8 Into A Tj

ANYONE INTERESTED IN A SMOG LEGAL V8 SWAP? IT CAN BE DONE AND WITHOUT SPENDING A ZILLION BUX!
    V8 POWER AND CA SMOG LEGAL
    5.2L DODGE BABY!

yes!

[COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

To make the smog refs happy you need to have your ducks in a row. Unfortunately as of yet no one has a way of using all the gauges in the TJ dash with a GM motor. I have a buddy working on some "magic", but we're not sure it'll work. Gm engines require mods to the gas tank as well. Sure lots of guys out there are going V8 into the TJ chassis, but most of them rip out "all that is Jeep" and discard the computer or run it only in the "on" position. The easiest way to go V8 in a 1997-2000 TJ is go Dodge. If you have a 2001, then a 4.7L is a better choice. The reason for the year seperation is in the way the computers talk over the CCD buss. Anyways, all the gauges work, the smog stuff is there, the ALDL plug is still in the Jeep and I can go to any dodge/jeep dealer in the world and pull the codes as if it still had the stock engine in it.
      5.2L DODGE BABY!

Comment

Cool!

Dodge is the ONLY way to go, PERIOD!!!

With anything

GO MOPAR!!
        Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

How much $$ did it take you to do the install?? Just ballpark.
          I would assume you need a whole new transmaission and axles plus the engione and stuff too right??
          1997 Green TJ
          RE 3.5 SF Lift Kit w/ RS9000 shocks
          Currie AntiRock, Some KC's and
          some other goodies riding on 33's

Comment

More info Please!!!
            Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

i am interested in putting a V8 in my 97 wrangler but dont know what engines will fit? PLease help!!

Comment

currently dodge and gm V8's are being swapped. I have heard of some ford stuff out there, but nobody makes any TJ stuff. What year is your Jeep, What is the stock engine and trans? I will try to make suggestions that suit your Jeep and driving needs.
                5.2L DODGE BABY!

Comment

i got a 97 wrangler with a stock 242 inline 6 and a stock transmission, i just want to know the engine that i can use with a transmission and also any other parts that i may need! Also where can i find the engine?

Thanks

Comment

if i were to go to a Dodge V8 what axel would be best? I know i probably cant use stock axel so which is best?

Comment

find an engine same year or newer than your Jeep (1997 to 2001). Dodge 5.2L or 5.9L. Make sure you get the computer and all the wiring. If the motor you find has a manual trans on it, keep it manual. If it is automatic, keep it auto. The computers between the two are different and not easily reburned. The stock Dana 35C lasted only two weeks in my Jeep...surprised it lasted that long. You will want to go to at least a Dana 44 with some alloy shafts. I have Superiors in mine
                      5.2L DODGE BABY!

Comment

Working...
                      X