Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TJ: Engine Mounts

Which is better, leaving the spacers between the skid plate and the frame installed with the Rubicon Express lift kit or taking them out and installing lifted engine mounts?
    Seems on based what I have read so far engine mounts might be an improvement......:dunno:
    John & Kristi

Remove the t-case drop and install raised motor mounts. You might want to do a 1" BL at the same time, otherwise you might have to raise the radiator.
    [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

What...?

Add BL or raise the radiator????:dunno: But due the skid plate being lowered by the lift kit that means my fan/radiator line-up is currently not correct so adding the engine mounts and removing the spacers should result in corrected alignment.....what am I missing?:bonk:
      John & Kristi

Comment

John,

When I did my Nth tummy tucker I went with the 1" body lift and the suggested 1" motor mount lift. Turned out perfect!

Mitch

Comment

Hmmmm........

.......been thinking about a body lift and yes, if done I can clearly see why the radiator lift would be necessary......seen some nice kits out there and would be willing to spend a few more bucks if it meant getting top quality, any suggestions?
          John & Kristi

Comment

I did my 1" body lift and engine lift and with a 3.5 inch lift the drivline vibes were not as bad with the tranfer case drop.

Comment

Working...
            X