Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TJ: Trailer suspension

Let me know what you all think about this thought process......:dunno:
    06 Rubicon with a Rubicon Express 4.5" lift, for the most part works great, better then ever expected. Recently we bought a off road trailer to use on some extended vacation trips this summer and with the added tire rack, gear inside the Jeep, the dogs, extra fuel and water we'll be carrying causes the rear to sag a bit. I was thinking of just adding some spacers to the rear springs to level things out. I found some adjustable ones from JKS thru Quadratec. They say it will add about 1.25" to 3.50".
    I sent them an email (JKS) about being compatable with the Express lift which might be a deciding factor.
    Anybody got opinion, thoughts, previous experience??
    John & Kristi

I used them for the front and they worked great for adjustment, you will be up 1.25 no matter what. Might even want to drop to 3.5 coils for more fine tuning. They will work just fine, I have the 3.5 superflex.

Comment

Maybe the Nth rear spring locators would work for you. First, they make the rear springs a little more straight, and second, they give you about 2" in the rear. Win-win!
      If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED I have a new set of Rear ACOS Spacer for a TL/LJ. Never used them, I can make you a good deal. PM me if you like more info.
        06 UNL RUBI 4.5 LA,KM 2-35's/ 4.88 BEADLOCKS/SKIDS/WINCH
        07 AT CHASER TRAILER

Comment

....PM Sent....
          John & Kristi

Comment

http://store.jksmfg.com/merchant2/me...de=Coil_Spring

Here is the web site, and I have the box # 2550 for the rear only.
            06 UNL RUBI 4.5 LA,KM 2-35's/ 4.88 BEADLOCKS/SKIDS/WINCH
            07 AT CHASER TRAILER

Comment

John,

Show us some pictures of your trailer. And I've seen Zilla, must weigh a whole 6 lbs! Haaaa....

Mitch

Comment

Here's one....

John & Kristi

Comment

and for the smartass in the crowd......

.....no names mentioned.....ahhhm, mitch.....her name is :shout: "Cilla" and she is 7.5 lbs thank you very much...:haha:
                  John & Kristi

Comment

John,

The trailer looks nice. Do you feel the trailer much while driving and does it make a difference in gas consumption?

Tell Cilla that I'm sorry about the mis-spelling (I thought it was for "Godzilla"), and as far as the weight, I've seen her beg and steal trail food so maybe thats where the extra weight came from! Haaaa.....

Call me when you guys are ready for a desert run.

Mitch

Comment

Thanks Mitch.......

......I can feel it back there but not really too much. It does make the whole rig feel more stable going down the highway and off road the torsion bar suspension really works great.
                      Gas mileage suffered a little but nothing that can't be worked in and fully loaded a couple weeks ago we went to Mojave National Preserve and pulling the Cajon Pass at about 55-60 wasn't too bad.
                      So other then the sag in the rear springs it has been good so far. I talked with Mr Chips and will be going by there tomorrow to get the adjustable spacers. Get that done this weekend and hopefully be ready to go back out to "Hole-in-the-Wall campground next weekend, very cool place with lots to explore. We are planning on being there the 17-20, if you find yourself, or anyone for that matter, come look us up in camp.......
                      John & Kristi

Comment

Working...
                      X