Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1995 ZJ trans.

So I need to find out what the differences are in the trannys from my 1993 ZJ to a 1995. I had to get an engine harness but it came from a 95. I have found that everything on the harness connects to my 93 except the connectors to the trans. Any insight to my issue? I could just cut, splice, and solder the connectors...but I really don't feel like subjecting myself to such torture.
    MY JEEP ROCKS... DOES YOURS'?

Redneck small talk:
    D'jeet? No, d'ju? Yump-to? Aiaght.

So today at work I got thinking of my troubling issues, I ended up at the local Jeep dealer. Come to find out the tranny I have is the better of the options availible to bolt in, next to a 5spd. manual... AW4. The 94-95's had two options (I can't remember what they are.) The AW4 is stronger and has better gearing ratios' than the other two. So for my wiring issue, the new harness I got was really nice, compared to the old factory one. I liked the newer connectors and how the wires weren't all messed up. Well, come to find out despite the "nice, new harness...I need to get one like the O.E.M harness.

So, for all you fellow MJR friends, I hope this can help benefit someone else in your future endeavors.
    MY JEEP ROCKS... DOES YOURS'?

Redneck small talk:
    D'jeet? No, d'ju? Yump-to? Aiaght.

Comment

Working...
    X