Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dauntless

The dauntless headline caught my attention. In my 69 CJ5 I have a rebuilt 225 Dauntless V6 with a few twists, trans is a Ford 4 speed top loader with an overdrive giving me 16 forward gears and 4 reverse. Not sure why I need all those gears as this motor is a tractor. I can put it in gear and get out and walk along side it as it chugs along. I took out the stock Ross steering and put in a reverse Ford power steering box that fits between the motor mount and the radiator eliminating the usual Sagi box conversion out on the frame horn. This removes it from vulnerability and eliminates frame horn twisting.
    Gregg Turk
    West Oak Hills
    greggturk.com
    95 Jeep Cherokee, 69 Jeep CJ5

The one Jeep I really miss is my 69'with the 225 v6.Only mod's I did were headers and Holley 2bl and it ran strong.Hang on to it Gregg,they are hard to find now.
    Dennis
    Dennis and Tammy
    Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

Thanks Dennis, Like I tell my wife..."I have too much money in it to sell it!"
      I still love to drive it and am taking it out to the dez this weekend. The only problem is the clutch chatters a little and I can't bring myself to pull the trans AGAIN!
      Gregg
      Gregg Turk
      West Oak Hills
      greggturk.com
      95 Jeep Cherokee, 69 Jeep CJ5

Comment

225s are the bomb
        I have a holley 2 barrel and headers, needs a it of carb fussing every once in a while but that is aboout it. Strong engine
        censored for having an opinion

Comment

Working...
        X