Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with SYE install

Well i am having a problem after i did my SYE install.
    I did it last weekend and it has been working great but when i went to go help a friend pull a truck up on a trailer i went to put it in 4 Low and it made a bad grinding noise.
    When i got home i tried adjusting the linkage but that did not fix the problem.
    When i shif it into 4 Low it feels like normal with that click and all but all it does is grind.
    Can any one help me out? Im clueless.
    1993 YJ 4.0 5 speed 5" suspension lift, 8.8 conversion, 33 12.50-15 SS TSL bias ply wrapped around 15x10 Black crager's, OBA and Bumpers just to name a few

Sounds like you may have reinstalled something incorrectly when you put the new mainshaft in. I have seen it done ! Also if you did not reinstall the spring before you put the case cover back on.... It will not shift!

Brett
    offroadwerkz.com
    (805) 642-8400 or 477-9977

Comment

Well i know i put the spring back in but i am now thinking that i put in the planetary select sprocket in backwards.
      I will have to pull it apart as soon as it stops raining!
      1993 YJ 4.0 5 speed 5" suspension lift, 8.8 conversion, 33 12.50-15 SS TSL bias ply wrapped around 15x10 Black crager's, OBA and Bumpers just to name a few

Comment

Working...
      X