Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My CJ is going to the Hospital...

...for a major operation. I put in a remanufactured engine in October of 2007. It has been giving me trouble since then. I have been in contact with S & S Engines (Spokane WA), the company that I bought it from. The engine came with a 7 year 70,000 mile warranty.

They have authorized me to take the engine out and they will have it picked up. They will examine it to see what failed and will send me a new engine or repair mine. I assume they will be looking for abuse or overheating evidence. When I had it installed, I had a new water pump, thermostat, & hoses installed. I put in a temp guage and it has never overheated. I'm confident I did nothing to cause the issues.

Paulhead and the others that were with me on my first trip with MJR will back me up as they helped me determine the problem I was having in Rattlesnake canyon.

Anyway, the Jeep is sucking oil & antifreeze but it is not leaking on the ground.

I hope this is resolved quickly. If not I will need to check with those going on the Mojave trail trip and ask them if they mind if I take my 4x4 Titan truck instead of my Jeep.
    Last edited by Roger; 02-19-09, 11:57 PM.
    SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
    MJR moderator
    MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
    Jeep Patrol Leader
    Reforestation Supervisor
    Licensed Ham - n6ujm
    Eagle Scout

Sorry to hear that Roger. At least the company is stepping up....so far. I suggest you throw a Vortec in it and forget it.
    Check out .

Comment

Roger,

Time for that new Jeep?

Comment

Originally posted by great88 View Post
        Roger,

Time for that new Jeep?

That is an insult to all CJ owners! BAD MITCH!!

Sorry to hear about your problems Roger. Glad to hear the company is gonna look into it.

Comment

Yea Roger, I'm with Mitch! ......... Join the YJ Revolution! It's hip to be Square! :wink:

Scott
          "I got your Jeep Thing....Now it burns when I pee!" :fire:

Comment

Originally posted by great88 View Post
            Roger,

Time for that new Jeep?
            I keep hinting to the War Dept. about a new one but I can't convince her... :wink:

Having said that- I really love my CJ- There's just something about it, but I can't tell you exactly why.
            MJR moderator
            Jeep Patrol Leader
            Reforestation Supervisor
            Licensed Ham - n6ujm
            Eagle Scout

Comment

Roger that is awesome they are standing by their product.

I understand that feeling of driving a CJ.. I have an LJ and a CJ and parts of a CJ3A And can’t wait to get out in the CJ again. What is it, they are uncomfortable, always cold, or hot, your backside is sore no matter how nice of seats you buy. I think it’s the look of envy you get from all the other jeeps who even though they love their AC they wish they had your CJ
              Head nut at Outdoorlogic
              Like us on face book to get updates about local runs, and monthly sales specials
              www.facebook.com/outdoorlogic

Comment

Hey Roger I think the ROUND headlights might have something to do with it running hot.

Are you taking it out or having some place pull it? Let me know if you need a hand.
                An armed society is a polite society. Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

Roger,
                  Let's drop a Hemi in that thing!
                  I hope S&S holds to thier promise. I wish I would have seen this yesterday; I was in Pasco (120 miles for Spokane). I would have stopped in to see the facility.
                  Good luck.
                  [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                  [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                  http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
                    Roger,
                    Let's drop a Hemi in that thing!
                    I hope S&S holds to thier promise. I wish I would have seen this yesterday; I was in Pasco (120 miles for Spokane). I would have stopped in to see the facility.
                    Good luck.
                    A Hemi in a CJ,Hmmm

Roger,sorry to hear about your CJ's illness.Good luck to ya.
                    Dennis and Tammy
                    Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

Before you send that engine off I would take a sample of the engine oil and have it analized to back up your claims.
                      Respectfully,
                      LG
                      Hav'n you along, is like loose'n 2 good men....

Comment

Originally posted by Lumpy Grits View Post
                        Before you send that engine off I would take a sample of the engine oil and have it analized to back up your claims.
                        Respectfully,
                        LG
                        Thanks for the advice. Can you tell me how much I should save and where I could send it?

Thanks!
                        MJR moderator
                        Jeep Patrol Leader
                        Reforestation Supervisor
                        Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                        Eagle Scout

Comment

Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
                          Sorry to hear that Roger. At least the company is stepping up....so far. I suggest you throw a Vortec in it and forget it.
                          If you happen to have one laying around...
                          [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
                          Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

There are several co's that due that type of work. Use your search engine, they will tell you.
                            LG
                            Hav'n you along, is like loose'n 2 good men....

Comment

I know Johnson Machinery/CAT here in Riverside does oil sample work.

Comment

Working...
                              X