Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Professional Mechanic Help ARB install...

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Professional Mechanic Help ARB install...

Hey Guys,
    I received the ARB Locker and compressor and have started reading the directions. I do not have the measuring tools to do the job myself nor the confidence to move forward.

I really want to learn how to install this locker and set the backlash, shims, preload, ect... I want to buy the right tools ie: the dial indicator, feeler gauges bearing puller, ect. but do not know the BEST place to get them : Snap-On, Mac- tools truck, Sears... FYI, Napa parts does not carry any of those tools, rent or sale.

Any how, I am looking for a professional mechanic that has ARB locker install experience that would be willing to work for peanuts, beer, and lunch. Oh and a shake down run on the "Hairy Crack" trail.

Best, Max7
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Benjamin Franklin

Hi Max, I am sure we can work something out.
    Would be fun to run the trail again, I regeared and did both lockers in my little put put Jeep.
    So let me know

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
      Hi Max, I am sure we can work something out.
      Would be fun to run the trail again, I regeared and did both lockers in my little put put Jeep.
      So let me know
      PM sent.
      Best, Max7
      "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Max,
        Me too. I'll help, just let me know.If you can't find or don't want to spend the $$ for the tools I have everything, as I'm sure Art does. SO you is covered...
        [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
        [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
        http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

i have a dila indicator if you want to use it sir
          [COLOR="YellowGreen"]"You cant fit 2 fingers in my tailpipe"[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
            Max,
            Me too. I'll help, just let me know.If you can't find or don't want to spend the $$ for the tools I have everything, as I'm sure Art does. SO you is covered...
            Appreciated I think Art has me covered and I'm gonna buy some new tools to get er done. Thanks Rat!
            Best, Max7

Comment

Originally posted by dr.dirty View Post
              i have a dila indicator if you want to use it sir
              Thanks... Best, Max7

Comment

Where did you guys get your dial indicator, feeler gauges bearing puller, ect. from? Best, Max7

Comment

Originally posted by Max7 View Post
                  Where did you guys get your dial indicator, feeler gauges bearing puller, ect. from? Best, Max7
                  ive had mine for a while i ordered it on;ine somewhere but you can get them at harbor freight

Comment

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...Itemnumber=623
                    http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...temnumber=5645

Comment

Thank you.
                      Best, Max7

Comment

Max here are some pics that I took when I put in my arb's might give you a bit better idea what is involved in it

http://public.fotki.com/aw12345/jeep-wrangler-arb-i/

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                          Max here are some pics that I took when I put in my arb's might give you a bit better idea what is involved in it

http://public.fotki.com/aw12345/jeep-wrangler-arb-i/

Nice photos, is that a 3-5 gal. air tank you hooked up? I like that idea.
                          Best, Max7

Comment

I think it's a 2 gallon its the biggest I could get between the belly up skid and the floorboard

Comment

Originally posted by Max7 View Post

Any how, I am looking for a professional mechanic that has ARB locker install experience that would be willing to work for peanuts, beer, and lunch. Oh and a shake down run on the "Hairy Crack" trail.

Best, Max7
                              Did I hear someone mention running the "Hairy Crack" Trail again?

Do I need to come over and supervise???
                              Money pit!

Comment

Working...
                              X