Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D30 Pinion Yoke Torque spec?

Anyone know where I can find the torqe specs for my Dana 30 Pinion Yoke. Im replacing my pinion seal and need to find the torque speck before I pull it apart.
    Those left standing
    Will make millions
    Writing books on ways
    It should have been
    -Incubus "Warning"

REMOVAL
    1) Raise and support the vehicle.
    (2) Remove wheel and tire assemblies.
    (3) Mark the propeller shaft yoke and pinion yoke for installation alignment reference.
    (4) Remove the propeller shaft from the yoke.
    (5) Remove the pinion yoke nut and washer. Use Remover C—452 and Wrench C—3281 to remove the pinion yoke (Fig. 5).
    (6) Mark the positions of the yoke and pinion gear for installation alignment reference.
    (7) Use Remover 7794A and slide hammer to remove the pinion gear seal (Fig. 6).

INSTALLATION
    (1) Apply a light coating of gear lubricant on the lip of pinion seal. Install seal with Installer D—163 and Handle C—4171 (Fig. 7).
    (2) Align the reference marks and install yoke on the pinion gear with Installer W—162—D.
    (3) Install a new pinion nut on pinion shaft, lighten the nut to 217—352 N.m (160—260 ft. lbs.).
    (4) Align the installation reference marks and attach the propeller shaft to the yoke.

[COLOR="Silver"]
    stolen from falcon556[/COLOR]
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply. Hopefuly I can do this without Remover C-452, Wrench C-3281 and installer D-163.
      Those left standing
      Will make millions
      Writing books on ways
      It should have been
      -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

I don't know for sure if the YJ's use a collapsible spacer on the pinion but if it does you want to spinn the yoke when you tighten it and recheck so you do not overtighten it and burn up the bearings or better yet check running torque with a inch/pound beam or dial style torque wrench for used bearings with the wheels of the ground you should have a reading of about 20 inch/pounds while continuously turning the torque wrench. Actually the same pretty much goes for tightening it if it doesn't have a collapsible spacer you want to get back to the correct pinion bearing preload

Comment

pm me your email address and i'll send you the pages from the fsm if you like.
          >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
          ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Working...
          X