Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TBI install info for Christmas???

Merry Christmas everyone. Finally have a day off from work and trying to finish up a Howell TBI conversion on my 1985 CJ that I started a few weeks back. I have a question about the TBI itself, haven’t found a diagram that identifies what each of the ports are for. I think I have the back side hooked up correctly, but not sure what happens on the front. There are 3 ports. I believe the large one connects to the evap canister purge and the PVC valve. That leaves 2 others, one just to the passenger side of the large port, and one just below. One of these, not sure which, connects to the Dual CTO valve and Distributer, and I’m assuming the other gets plugged. Anybody know for sure which port the CTO valve/distributer vacuum lines get plugged into?

Been parked in the garage for the last 6 weeks, my Jeep and I would certainly appreciate any help you all could provide.

This is a pic of the front of mine.
    Large hose that is a T that connects to the front of TBI goes from PCV to Evap.

Small hose goes to CTO.

Other smaller is capped.

There is a vacuum diagram in the Howell install guide. I can't find mine right now, but I just followed that.

Comment

BTW

I'm very happy with my Howell. Performance has been great. In the beginning, I was running VERY rich. Common cause is too small of a return line. I was flooding on downhills. I put a fuel pressure gauge, and mine was where it should be at.

After failing miserably for smog, I called Howell, and they sent me a new chip. That solved my issue.

Another suggestion, don't waste your time at the regular smog stations. Go directly to the smog referee. According to all the regular smog stations, I needed a bar sticker from the referee. According to the referee and state supervisor, I don't, since it is already a C.A.R.B. Compliant kit. Save yourself the headache!

Good luck, and happy wheeling

Comment

Thanks for the picture and advice. Installed and running well, had some voltage problems to work through, but runs great.

Comment

Working...
        X