Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally installed my OX locker!!!

I finally pinned down my mechanic brother-in-law, and had him assist me in the installation of an OX locker in my AMC 20.

The install was pretty straight forward and pretty easy. We replace all spacers as they were, and everything replaced perfectly, and needed no adjustments. It took about 2 1/2 hours total, and that includes the cable. I had previously mounted the OX shifter, so I didn't have to waste time doing that. It took 2 tries to get the adjustment correct, but it seems to be shifting as it should. He said it'll probably have to be adjusted from time to time.

I was fortunate that my brother in law worked for Ford in Santa Paula, who closed their doors several months ago. He still has full access to the shop, and he does work out there. So I had access to the lift and air tools. I felt spoiled!!!

Since we were under there, we replaced my rear output seal, since my driveshaft has been slingin oil for over a year (it's kept the rust away!).

The deal between him and I was that I was gonna do 90% of the work, and he'd just supervise. It ended up being him doing 80% of it!

Oh, the cost of labor was good too. 1 case of coca-cola!

Now to wheel it!

Originally posted by SAR Jeeper View Post
    1 case of coca-cola!
    mmm. coke

cool. did you get rid of the skull diff cover. and replace with the ox one?
    Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

replaced with the ox one...have to. The shift fork is built into the ox cover.

Comment

Good deal

Wow, musta been nice having a lift and all the tools available...
        if only.......

Scott

Comment

Very cool! ya Freakin brat!!!Lol.. Congrats Geebo..
          "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

Steve,

You will have to adjust the OX once or twice as the cable gets settled in. After that it seems to be perfect. Good luck. Don't forget, Rear Locker + Icy Snow = Sideways travel. Haa

Mitch

Comment

Originally posted by great88 View Post
              Steve,

You will have to adjust the OX once or twice as the cable gets settled in. After that it seems to be perfect. Good luck. Don't forget, Rear Locker + Icy Snow = Sideways travel. Haa

Mitch
              Yeah, I'm aware of that. NOW, I'm on the hunt for a bolt that is the size of the cable that goes into the side of the diff cover. IF something happens to the cable, I can just remove it and continue on...though it'll be only an open carrier...but I'll need something to plug the hole, the keep the fluids in.

Anyone know!?

Comment

Working...
              X