Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Pressure Install????

Prob a common issue but my 2000 TJ (122,000 miles) oil pressure is now always reading 80 (use to read 40 all the time). I've done some followup with a lot of you guys and the first thing to do is change my Oil Pressure Sensor.

Can someone tell me how to install it, its location, maybe a diagram, etc... I want to change it out this weekend if you guys could help.

Thanks,
    Roy

Don't know about TJ's but on the old(85') 258's the sending unit is on the pass. side of the block back by towards the firewall. Make sure you use an OEM sender, NOT aftermarket........
    Respectfully,
    LG
    Hav'n you along, is like loose'n 2 good men....

Comment

mine ran at 40/60 but now it runs 60/80 could that be my problem
      92 yj 2.5

Comment

John, are you saying that you put in an aftermarket sender or what? If "YES I did" then, YES, it could be and most probably is the reason for the high #'s. Get an OEM from Jeep. Oh, DON'T use teflon thread sealant tape in the senders threads. It MAY mess up the ground connection that passes threw the sender to the block. Use silver or copper anti-seize.
        Respectfully,
        LG
        Hav'n you along, is like loose'n 2 good men....

Comment

My YJ was doing this exact thing. The sensor on just like Lumpy said. I found mine on the oil filter adapter. To replace it, just umplug the single wire, unclip the plastic and unthread. To install, simply reverse the steps. Dealer part costs about 50 bucks and comes with a white thread lock applied by the mfg. Hope this helps out.

Jeff.

Comment

Working...
          X