Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARB Question

Well i got hit up by a friend today about a D30 with a ARB.
    I was given the chance to buy it for $350.00 with 4.56's.
    I already have 4.56's so it was meant to be!
    The only problem is that the ARB was put in but was not plumbed up.
    There is no hole on the case but i did get the little bit of hardware to drill and tap a hole and everything is done there.
    I already have OBA and i would not mind a electric compressor for a backup so going with a ARB compressor would be good.
    Everything from there i dont know.
    Does any one know where there is a install guide online or somthing along those line's?
    Also should i go with the ARB compressor or is there somthing cheaper that will work just as good?
    Or should i just use the motor driven OBA and forget the electric compressor?
    I really dont know what to do at this point.
    Oh and BTW i already sold my stock D30 for $100.00!
    1993 YJ 4.0 5 speed 5" suspension lift, 8.8 conversion, 33 12.50-15 SS TSL bias ply wrapped around 15x10 Black crager's, OBA and Bumpers just to name a few

great deal for a locked 30.
    the easiest way is to buy the arb compressor and all of the wiring to go with it.

not much to installing the fitting and drilling out the diff housing. you just have to be sure that you are putting it in a place that is out of trouble.

i have been running my arb's from a york for a few years with no issues. there is a separate line that is kept at 90 p.s.i. for the lockers.
    Last edited by NAILER341; 12-05-08, 09:00 AM.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

all you need as stated is a pressure regulator to hold the pressure under 100 psi a switch and an air solenoid I can e mail you the install instructions also drill the hole in the top so it will fit a 1/4 npt tap and clears the ring gear but don't get to close to the mount for the left upper control arm.
      I installed mine myself and did not put enough preload on the carrier bearings so it ate up the copper tube. Fixed that last saturday

Comment

I might know somone with a new arb compressor lmk if your interested and I will ask him.

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
          all you need as stated is a pressure regulator to hold the pressure under 100 psi a switch and an air solenoid I can e mail you the install instructions also drill the hole in the top so it will fit a 1/4 npt tap and clears the ring gear but don't get to close to the mount for the left upper control arm.
          I installed mine myself and did not put enough preload on the carrier bearings so it ate up the copper tube. Fixed that last saturday
          Yes i would love to get a instruction's so i dont mess anything up. I also have to take it out and replace a seal and i can drill and tap the hole. Thanx.

Originally posted by Jeeperator View Post
          I might know somone with a new arb compressor lmk if your interested and I will ask him.
          Let me know. Shoot me a PM with a price and the if it comes with everything or what it comes with. Thanx.
          1993 YJ 4.0 5 speed 5" suspension lift, 8.8 conversion, 33 12.50-15 SS TSL bias ply wrapped around 15x10 Black crager's, OBA and Bumpers just to name a few

Comment

make sure you have a case spreader.
            if you are able to get it out of there without a case spreader, there isn't enough preload on it, and you should look into that before running it.
            >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
            ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Ditto on the case spreader. I used it and it was still to loose. pm me your e mail and I will see if I can e mail you the instructions

Comment

Thank's everyone for the info.
                I am going to go with a ARB pump and solenoid's.
                Also i dont have a case spreader but when i did the gear's i made somthing out of a big bolt and some other stuff that worked.
                Kind of a pain but i dont wanna buy a tool i am only going to use one more time.

Comment

Just make sure you get the carrier bearing preload right or the piece with the copper tube will rotate and the copper line gets chewed up. I thought I had it right but it turned and chewed the line up
                  if you turn the pinion alone note the inch/lbs reading then when the carrier is installed the reading should be 5 inch /lbs higher

Comment

I love my electric locker if ever I break a wire twist it together with some electrical tape or butt connector and its fixed.btw I havent seen my neighbor about that arb pump and solenoids but as soon as I do I will let you know.

Comment

Working...
                    X