Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lawrence View Post
    Max,

I had the same happen to me about a year ago, the cat needed to be replaced. It is covered by the 8yrs/80K miles federal emissions warranty and the dealer had no problems warrantying it. They did give me a lecture about my Long Arm skid, and after I gave a bottle of wine to the service manager, they took care of everything under warranty.

As long as you didn't mangle the cat, you'll be fine.

Edit: No need for a reader, turn the key ON/OFF 3 times without starting the vehicle and it will tell you which code. Then look it up online.
    I totally forgot about the turning the key on and off 3 times deal. I put a aftermarket cat in my jeep because the factoryone was ratleing inside of the case. The aftermarket one last about 1 year before it broke up also. The 2nd O2 sensor never threw a code to let me know there was a problem. What the deal with that? also if the 2nd O2 sensor is bad it should of thrown a code for that also but never did. So much for diagnostic emissions controls that dont even work . Btw Mines a 1997 tj 4.0 liter.Anyway put a new cat on and passed super clean.

Comment

Working...
    X