Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I sound like a diesel...?

Why does my Jeep sound like a diesel? It's only about 80% of the time, somedays it's quiet as can be... usually when its really cold, but when its relatively warm out it sounds like a damn diesel truck!
    Yellow 01 Sport
    4" Pro Comp lift | D44 | 33x12.5 Duratracs

Lifters clicking and clattering?

Comment

Exhaust leak?
      |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Originally posted by swbooking View Post
        Exhaust leak?
        Ditto: Check where the exhaust pipe bolts to the the Exhaust manifold. I just tigehned mine because it was LOUD all of a sudden. It was very loose.

Seems like everything loosens up on my Jeep...
        SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
        MJR moderator
        MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
        Jeep Patrol Leader
        Reforestation Supervisor
        Licensed Ham - n6ujm
        Eagle Scout

Comment

Rod knock? hows oil pressure when its warm?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeeperator View Post
            Rod knock? hows oil pressure when its warm?

my oil pressure always throws fits. it will run 40psi on the highway, but as soon as the rpms drop the oil pr drops to about 5psi or lower. Gona replace the pump here soon.
            Yellow 01 Sport

Comment

Originally posted by crawlin92 View Post
              my oil pressure always throws fits. it will run 40psi on the highway, but as soon as the rpms drop the oil pr drops to about 5psi or lower. Gona replace the pump here soon.
              Better put a manual guage on it to see whats going on < 5 psi is not good. If you spun a rod bearing it will lose oil pressure and make a knocking noise. Oil pump will not fix it if your bearings are worn or bad. Does it make the noise in neutral or only under way? Can you post a video or sound clip of the noise so i could better understand whats going on.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeeperator View Post
                Better put a manual guage on it to see whats going on < 5 psi is not good. If you spun a rod bearing it will lose oil pressure and make a knocking noise. Oil pump will not fix it if your bearings are worn or bad. Does it make the noise in neutral or only under way? Can you post a video or sound clip of the noise so i could better understand whats going on.
                I had a mech on there to test it out thinking it was a bad gauge, but it was the same problem. I've had spun bearings before on my old car. It's not a noise anything like that. I will try and get some sould clips, but its hard cuz i doesnt always do it so...
                Yellow 01 Sport

Comment

Working...
                X