Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wheel spacers

So what do you guys think about wheel spacers on the front of a TJ with Eagle wheels?
    IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

As long as they are high quality hub centric spacers, like spidertrax for example there shouldnt be a problem.
    |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Originally posted by curtis View Post
      So what do you guys think about wheel spacers on the front of a TJ with Eagle wheels?

Just on the front . . . Why wouldn't you put the spacers on all four???
      That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

As mentioned above, get quality ones.... but... what's the reason for wheel spacers up front? Full size rear axle?

Not sure what size rim you are looking at, but 15" Eagle rims usually come with something like 3.75 BS. It already puts your wheel further out compared to a factory setup.
        [COLOR="Blue"]If you don't have the time to do it right, what makes you think you'll have the time to do it twice?[/COLOR]

Comment

I have a teraflex s/t SWAY BAR SYSTEM AND MY TIRES RUB ON THE ARMS
          IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Comment

how much space do you need?
            >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
            ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

If not too much adjustment is needed, just add one or two washers to your steering stops. I had to do it to mine to stop the tires from rubbing on the SwayLoc.
              [COLOR="Blue"]If you don't have the time to do it right, what makes you think you'll have the time to do it twice?[/COLOR]

Comment

I had 1 washer. Will try two thick ones. But what about spacers for a wider track? Someone gave me a set of spidertrax spacers

Comment

Originally posted by curtis View Post
                  But what about spacers for a wider track? Someone gave me a set of spidertrax spacers
                  No problem, those are quality spacers.

Comment

Originally posted by Lawrence View Post
                    As mentioned above, get quality ones.... but... what's the reason for wheel spacers up front? Full size rear axle?

Not sure what size rim you are looking at, but 15" Eagle rims usually come with something like 3.75 BS. It already puts your wheel further out compared to a factory setup.
                    I've had ebay spacers on both my Jeeps and have never ahd a problem. All you get from spidertrax is a pretty color.
                    1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

Originally posted by igofshn View Post
                      I've had ebay spacers on both my Jeeps and have never ahd a problem. All you get from spidertrax is a pretty color.
                      and the fact that their hub-centric, and the fact that they are made from 6061T6 aluminum, (anyone can say that there spacers are made of 6061 but how do you know its true?), and the fact that they have a very high reliability. Therefore if something goes wrong with them your dealing with an actual company vs. some guy on eBay...

my .02
                      |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

did you get 2 or all 4 if you have 2 extra id buy them off ya.....im close, i also have some cheap 1/2'' spacers if you want to try those,, i think i got those from you Allen, i think..

Comment

X2 Have had them on for almost two years with no problems.
                          Check out .

Comment

x3 used them for a long time with no problems.
                            >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                            ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Sorry Kevin I don't have any extras.

Comment

Working...
                              X