Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• transfer case sqweaking

any idea's .....i have a 2001 TJ 231 when i turn the drive shaft i have a sqweaking noise coming from the transfer case output area , is this a bad bearing or something else inside . it also was alot louder sqweaking noise when i was driving down the road .

sounds like something went dry to me, maybe grease that puppy up! didja check yer fluid levels?
    :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

CV joint on one of the driveshafts most likely the front one. You want to check and fix this asap when the cv joint seizes it has a good change of cracking or breaking the transfercase

Comment

Hey tell the wife the transfercase broke need a new ATLAS. Hey like the guys said check those two things.
        IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

good one curtis , ,that might work .....

Comment

Steve did you get the rear locker figured out. Did you order your other stuff yet.
            You can make it

Comment

fred it seem to be working when i looked at it when i got home !! getting ready to order i might go with the sniper fabworks ......thanks for the link

Comment

squeeking noises............ usually a dry and worn out u-joint.

Brett
                offroadwerkz.com
                (805) 642-8400 or 477-9977

Comment

Working...
                X