Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help!no tire movement

just moved and i pulled my jeep on a car dolly. when i arrived i went to take it off and nothing happened. The driveshaft turned but nothing with the tires. Where should i start?

did you put the transfer case in neutral before you pulled it? if not.... that is bad! if the driveshafts turn, but the tires dont, then you broke something in your axle. axle shaft, ring gear? give us more info to help you better
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

the driveshaft does turn. there are no noises when i engage just. only thing i can see is the tire make a twitch. nothing else.

Comment

did you put the transfer case in neutral before you pulled it?
        ERIK

Comment

no but that shouldnt be a problem if the

Comment

the drive shaft is turning
            right?

Comment

ok, driveshaft is turning, but no movement at the wheels. Sounds like broken stuff. Have you tried putting it in 4wd? Sounds to me like you busted something in the rear end. Probably woundn't hurt to pull the diff cover and check it out. Or try the 4wd. Good luck
              [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
              SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
              Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

thanks i tried the 4wd nothing, i cant get it into the garage til wednesday but i will definatley check that. What would cause "stuff" to break.

Comment

Are both drive shafts turning when you are in 4WD?

Comment

Originally posted by navyhall06
                    thanks i tried the 4wd nothing, i cant get it into the garage til wednesday but i will definatley check that. What would cause "stuff" to break.
                    when you tow a jeep you are sopposed to put the transfer case into neutral, or disconnect the driveshafts... my guess is broken axles, or ring gears.
                    when it isnt in neutral, being towed, something has to give! in the rear, i think axles.
                    ERIK

Comment

i went and listened to it and it sounds like there is a popping or a clcik noise by the left rear when it is engaged. the tires also make a slight twitch when engaged. i dont know if taht helps. if it could be past all that somwhere by the tire?

Comment

i went and listened to it and it sounds like there is a popping or a clcik noise by the left rear when it is engaged. the tires also make a slight twitch when engaged. i dont know if taht helps. if it could be past all that somwhere by the tire?
                        Sounds like broken stuff to me. Axle or spider gears. when you put in 4wd did both drive shafts turn?

I'm stumped :confused:
                        Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

open up the rear pumpkin, and see what falls out i'm pretty sure you will find something broken in there... hopefully the damage did not go to your transfer case too..:confused:
                          ERIK

Comment

i didnt check the front axle but if the rear axle is turning wouldnt it be back in the rear somwhere?

Comment

i didnt check the front axle but if the rear axle is turning wouldnt it be back in the rear somwhere?
                              agreed, but you said it didnt go any where when you put it in 4wd. We're just trying to help. you sound kinda jumpy. Check it out, pull the diff cover, pull the axles and see whats going on.
                              Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Working...
                              X