Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gear ratio?

What is the stock gear ratio for the Chrysler 8 1/4?

I've got one sitting in my back yard, and I don't trust the D35 that's under the jeep. I'm just trying to check it will bolt up without having to change the front axle with it.
    WTF Mate?

Confucious Say: He who stand on toilet...is high on pot.

______
    [_____]
    (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
    []--o---[]

What do the numbers on the tag say ?? It should give you a clue on the gear ratio

Brett
    offroadwerkz.com
    (805) 642-8400 or 477-9977

Comment

Even if the tag doesn't exist anymore... if it's just sitting there, figure it out... Shouldn't be too hard. Turn the wheel and count how many times the pinion turns. Should be a number you can count to: 1 wheel/hub turn and ~3 turns of the pinion = 3.07
      If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

As fun4wheeler guy said, there should be tag on the diff cover that says the ratio.

There were different rations for different Jeeps, not all came with one standard ratio.

If theres no tag you can use this meathod:

Have one person look at the drum and one person turn the yoke, as an example if it takes about 3 and a half turns of the yoke to make one complete revolution of the drum then you most likely have 3.54 gears and the same applies to other ratios.

EDIT: Damn, Mat beat me to it
        |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Working...
        X