Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Nick I could be wrong but I think 4west in colton, has the PosiLock in stock. That system works great. Both Scott and I installed them in our rigs.
    An armed society is a polite society. Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

So does your ARB act like a limited slip when it is not engaged? or is it open when not engaged? I don't think having the two piece shaft with a posi lock is going to give you any benifit because you have a front selectable locker. I believe you are in 2wd low when your locker is open in front no matter what position the axle disconnect is in. I had a tough time putting a Detroit in the front D30 and getting rid of the disconnect, going with a one piece long side because I thought I would chirp around corners all the time. I don't. When I'm in 2wd I dont even know the detroit is there. The whole front end is live though, all the time. Since you have the ARB, you can have it 'off' and your front end should not be live all the time.
      :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

I converted my true-trac with the posi-cable 3 piece of crap to the new style if you need help with part ###'s call me.
        http://www.stu-offroad.com/axle/yjd3...jconvert-1.htm
        The Second Amendment protects all the rest!

HI-LIFTS never go jeepin without it

Comment

Originally posted by Kodiak Spirit View Post
          So does your ARB act like a limited slip when it is not engaged? or is it open when not engaged? I don't think having the two piece shaft with a posi lock is going to give you any benifit because you have a front selectable locker. I believe you are in 2wd low when your locker is open in front no matter what position the axle disconnect is in. I had a tough time putting a Detroit in the front D30 and getting rid of the disconnect, going with a one piece long side because I thought I would chirp around corners all the time. I don't. When I'm in 2wd I dont even know the detroit is there. The whole front end is live though, all the time. Since you have the ARB, you can have it 'off' and your front end should not be live all the time.
          Sometimes...I'm in need of a reminder of how it all werks. Yes, this seems like the ticket. I would love to do the solid axle as soon as I can...have to look into that.

Originally posted by freewaydan View Post
          I converted my true-trac with the posi-cable 3 piece of crap to the new style if you need help with part ###'s call me.
          http://www.stu-offroad.com/axle/yjd3...jconvert-1.htm
          Dan, THANK you for that link! I think I'm going to be hunting in yards for a TJ front 30 here soon! I've noticed recently however, that they don't like to sell just the inner axles, they want you to buy the whole housing!
          [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
          Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

call me if you cant find them. When i changed to the TJ stuff i did like that i can goto the bigger u-joints
            The Second Amendment protects all the rest!

HI-LIFTS never go jeepin without it

Comment

i found the vacuum part, and have it in the jeep so i dont forget it.
              >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
              ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Originally posted by NAILER341 View Post
                i found the vacuum part, and have it in the jeep so i dont forget it.
                Erik, do I have to re-use any of the parts on my vacuum set up? Like the fork or anything? Reason I ask is it will help me set it up tomorrow if I can cut and use that fork for the temp set-up.
                [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
                Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                X