Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil pressure

Ok, so the past few days I've been having problems with oil pressure, it would take a few seconds to read after startup, and it would drop to 0 when stopped or idleing. Well last night it dropped to 0 and stayed there. I listened for ticking in the head, none, I checked to see if oil was getting into the valve cover, it was pretty wet, so I looking into a faulty pressure sender. I did some research and found its a common problem as well.

I bought a mech gauge and its reading way too high for idle, around 25psi first reading, and 40psi second reading. And now the inside of the valve cover looks rather dry.

Really not sure what to think. If the pump wasn't working I shouldn't get a pressure reading like that, but it doesn't seem to be getting to the head...?

Also, the Jeep has been sitting since Jan. I've got new oil and filter to change, but don't want to if I am just going to have to drop the pan anyways.
    Yellow 01 Sport
    4" Pro Comp lift | D44 | 33x12.5 Duratracs

unplug the sending unit, clean and plug back in. did it fix your "problem"
    And NEVER call her by her friends name, unless you know how to fake a seizure

Comment

Originally posted by Brice View Post
      unplug the sending unit, clean and plug back in. did it fix your "problem"
      for about 10 miles, now it drops again at stops...?
      Yellow 01 Sport
      4" Pro Comp lift | D44 | 33x12.5 Duratracs

Comment

When I would wash my jeep and clean the engine compartment out it would go to zero. but after a while would come back to normal..
        Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Sounds like the sending unit needs to be replaced... Very Common in my shop.

Brett
          offroadwerkz.com
          (805) 642-8400 or 477-9977

Comment

Working...
          X